This section describes how you can connect DB2 with Exasol and then load data. To view details about data type mappings or to migrate data, see the DB2 to Exasol migration script in our GitHub repository.
Download the compatible JDBC driver from the IBM Support page.
Do the following to configure the driver in EXAoperation:
- Log in to EXAoperation user interface as an Administrator user.
- Select Configuration > Software and click the JDBC Drivers tab.
- Click Add to add the JDBC driver details.
- Enter the following details for the JDBC properties:
- Driver Name: DB2
- Main Class: com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver
- Prefix: jdbc:db2:
- Disable Security Manager: Leave this option unchecked.
- Comment: This is an optional field.
- Click Add to save the settings.
- Select the radio button next to the driver from list of JDBC driver.
- Click Choose File to locate the downloaded driver and click Upload to upload the JDBC driver.
Run the following statement to create a connection.
CREATE OR REPLACE CONNECTION JDBC_DB2
IDENTIFIED BY 'exasol123';
Run the following statement to test the connection.
select * from
import from JDBC at JDBC_DB2
statement 'select ''Connection works'' from SYSIBM.SYSDUMMY1'
To know about the security mechanism of DB2 and how you can use that in your connection, see Charlie's Blog.