Set System Passwords
You can set the password used for disk encryption of the data nodes (the OS partition uses AES-256 as the default) from EXAoperation or using XML-RPC command. It is also possible to encrypt any partition. The disk encryption specification used by Exasol is Linux Unified Key Setup (LUKS).
When the disk password is changed, all nodes must be reinstalled.
Do the following to set the disk password in EXAoperation:
- In EXAoperation, select Configuration > Access Management > System Passwords.
- Enter the password in Disk Password field.
- (Optional) If you make use of a disk key store, you can select it from the Disk Key Store drop-down list.
- Click Save to save the changes.
Do the following to set the disk password through XML-RPC:
- Run the following commands to import the XML-RPC packages:
- Run the following command to create a connection with your Exasol cluster:
- Run the following command to set password.
server = ServerProxy ('https://user:password@<IP_Address>/cluster1', context=ssl._create_unverified_context (), allow_none = True)