This section describes how to connect DataGrip to Exasol and run an SQL statement. DataGrip comes with a built-in Exasol driver.
The following environment is used as an example:
- Trial version of DataGrip
- Windows Operating System
- DataGrip should be installed and running on your system.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the client or server where the tool is running must be listed in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
Before you can proceed with connecting to your database from a tool, download the latest Exasol JDBC driver and get the connection details. Follow these steps to get your connection details:
- Click Databases in the web console to open the Databases page.
- Click on the cluster you want to connect to and then click Connect via tools.
- In the Connect to cluster wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server which will connect to the database and click Add IP. Then click Next. If the IP address was already added, just click Next.
- If not already installed, download the latest JDBC driver for your operating system and install it.
- Click Next and proceed through the wizard until you see your connection details:
- Copy the HOST, PORT, USERNAME, and PASSWORD. You can generate a new Personal Access Token by clicking Generate. You will need this information to connect to your database.
- Launch DataGrip and do one of the following to create Exasol as a data source:
- Select File > New > Data Source > Exasol.
- Click icon in the Database tool window and select Data Source > Exasol.
- Enter the following details on Data Source and Drivers dialog:
- Name for the datasource
- URL with jdbc:exa: prefix
If a driver is missing, you can download it by clicking the Download link at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click Test Connection to check the connection and then click OK to finish.
If all the objects of the database are not visible after adding Exasol as a datasource, click icon in toolbar or right-click the Exasol datasource and select Synchronize.
- Enter an SQL statement in the database console. The result is displayed in the same window.
If the console is not visible, right-click the Exasol datasource and select Open Console or click icon and select New Console.
After connecting DataGrip to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about DataGrip, see DataGrip Official Documentation.