Advanced Query Tool
This section describes how to connect Advanced Query Tool (AQT) to Exasol and run an SQL statement.
The following environment is used as an example:
- AQT evaluation version
- Windows Operating System
- AQT client should be installed and running on your system.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the client or server where the tool is running must be listed in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
Get Drivers and Connection Details
Before you can proceed with connecting to your database from a tool, you need to download the latest Exasol ODBC driver and get the connection string. Follow these steps to get your connection details:
- Click Databases in the web console to open the Databases page.
- Click on the cluster you want to connect to and then click Connect via tools.
- In the Connect to cluster wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server which will connect to the database and click Add IP. Then click Next. If the IP address was already added, just click Next.
- If not already installed, download the latest ODBC driver for your operating system and install it.
- Click Next and proceed through the wizard until you see your connection details:
- Copy the HOST, PORT, USERNAME, and PASSWORD. You can generate a new Personal Access Token by clicking Generate. You will need this information to connect to your database.
Installing the latest ODBC driver requires you to uninstall a previous version of the Exasol ODBC Driver. After installation, the ODBC driver will be used for all Exasol ODBC connections from your local machine. The ODBC driver is backwards compatible and will work with any existing database connections.
- Launch AQT.
- Click Add new Datasource in the Other Tasks on the home page and select EXASolution Driver.
- Set up the ODBC connection by providing the following details and click Test Connection:
- Data source name: Exasol
- Connection string: IP address of Exasol
- User name and password: Username and password to login to Exasol. If it is a new installation, username is sys and the password is exasol.
- After a successful test connection, the Datasource is added and shown in the Connect to a Database section.
Enter Userid and Password to connect to Exasol.
- After a successful connection, the database details are displayed in the left tree as shown below.
- Click SQL in the toolbar to run an SQL statement. A blank window pops up.
- Enter your SQL statement and click Run. The result of the statement is shown below.
After connecting AQT to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about AQT tool, see AQT Official Documentation.