This section explains how to connect Pentaho Data Integration to Exasol.
For more information about Pentaho Data Integration, see Pentaho Data Integration Documentation.
The following procedure uses Pentaho Data Integration on Windows.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the host where the tool is running must be in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
- Exasol JDBC driver is installed
- Pentaho Server is online
To connect to your Exasol SaaS database from this tool you need a valid connection string. You must also allow network access to the database from the tool, and make sure that the latest Exasol JDBC driver is installed.
On the Databases page in the web console, click on Connect via tools on the cluster that you want to connect to.
In the wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server that will connect to the database and click Add IP, then click Next. This will add the IP address to the list of IP addresses that are allowed network access to the cluster. The allow list is found on the Security page in the web console. For more information, see Network Security.
If the IP address is already present in the allow list, just click Next.
If the latest JDBC driver for your operating system is not already installed, select the driver type and operating system and click on Download to download the latest driver to your local system. For more information about how to install the driver, see JDBC Driver.
Click on Next to view your connection details:
Copy the Connection string, Port, and User name values from the Connect details dialog. You will need to enter this information in your client to connect to your database.
To generate a new Personal Access Token (PAT) to use for authentication in the client, click on the Password row, then click on Copy to copy the PAT to your clipboard. For more information, see Personal Access Token.
The generated PAT is only shown once and cannot be retrieved after you have closed the wizard.
Click on Done to close the wizard.
Connect Pentaho to Exasol
Copy and paste the Exasol JDBC driver into the Pentaho Data Integration library.
The default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\design-tools\data-integration\lib
Make sure that the Pentaho application is not running when you copy/paste the JDBC driver.
- Launch Pentaho and click Transformations > Database connections.
Database Connection dialog is displayed.
- Do the following in the Database Connection dialog and click OK:
- Enter a name for the connection in Connection name.
- Select Exasol 4 in Connection Type.
- Select Native (JDBC) in Access
- Provide the connection details in Settings.
Pentaho Data Integration is connected to Exasol.