Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) delivers powerful Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) capabilities using an innovative, metadata-driven approach. With an intuitive, graphical, drag and drop design environment, and a proven, scalable, standards-based architecture, Pentaho Data Integration is increasingly the choice for organizations over traditional, proprietary ETL or data integration tools.
This section describes how to connect Pentaho Data Integration to Exasol.
Following environment is used as an example:
- Pentaho Data Integration
- Windows Operating System
- Pentaho Server must be online and accessible through a browser.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the client or server where the tool is running must be listed in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
Before you can proceed with connecting to your database from a tool, download the latest Exasol JDBC driver and get the connection details. Follow these steps to get your connection details:
- Click Databases in the web console to open the Databases page.
- Click on the cluster you want to connect to and then click Connect via tools.
- In the Connect to cluster wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server which will connect to the database and click Add IP. Then click Next. If the IP address was already added, just click Next.
- If not already installed, download the latest JDBC driver for your operating system and install it.
- Click Next and proceed through the wizard until you see your connection details:
- Copy the HOST, PORT, USERNAME, and PASSWORD. You can generate a new Personal Access Token by clicking Generate. You will need this information to connect to your database.
- Copy and paste the Exasol JDBC driver to the Pentaho Data Integration library. The default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\design-tools\data-integration\lib
Ensure that the Pentaho application is not running when you copy/paste the JDBC driver.
- Launch Pentaho and click Transformations > Database connections.
Database Connection dialog is displayed.
- Do the following in the Database Connection dialog and click OK:
- Enter a name for the connection in Connection name.
- Select Exasol 4 in Connection Type.
- Select Native (JDBC) in Access
- Provide the connection details in Settings.
Pentaho Data Integration is connected to Exasol.
After connecting Pentaho Data Integration to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about Pentaho Data Integration, see Pentaho Data Integration Documentation.