This section describes how to connect Alteryx to Exasol.
Following environment is used as an example:
- Alteryx Designer trial version
- Windows Operating System
- Alteryx should be installed on your system.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the client or server where the tool is running must be listed in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
Get Drivers and Connection Details
Before you can proceed with connecting to your database from a tool, you need to download the latest Exasol ODBC driver and get the connection string. Follow these steps to get your connection details:
- Click Databases in the web console to open the Databases page.
- Click on the cluster you want to connect to and then click Connect via tools.
- In the Connect to cluster wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server which will connect to the database and click Add IP. Then click Next. If the IP address was already added, just click Next.
- If not already installed, download the latest ODBC driver for your operating system and install it.
- Click Next and proceed through the wizard until you see your connection details:
- Copy the HOST, PORT, USERNAME, and PASSWORD. You can generate a new Personal Access Token by clicking Generate. You will need this information to connect to your database.
Installing the latest ODBC driver requires you to uninstall a previous version of the Exasol ODBC Driver. After installation, the ODBC driver will be used for all Exasol ODBC connections from your local machine. The ODBC driver is backwards compatible and will work with any existing database connections.
- Launch Alteryx application and select In-Database ribbon.
The ribbon is not visible if the ODBC driver is not installed.
- Drag Connect In-Database from the ribbon to a new work flow.
- Select Manage Connections from the drop-down in Connection Name.
- Do the following in the Manage In-DB Connections dialog:
- Select Exasol in the Data Source drop-down.
- Click New in the Connection section to define new database connection.
- Select New database connection in the Connection String drop-down.
- Click ODBC Admin button on the Exasol Connection dialog.
- Click Add button in the User DSN tab of the ODBC Data Source Administrator dialog.
- Select EXASolution Driver in Create New Data Source and then click Finish.
- Do the following in the Exasol ODBC configuration dialog and then click OK:
- Enter data source name.
- Enter a connection string.
- Enter database username and password.
Exasol database is connected to Alteryx.
After connecting Alteryx to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about Alteryx, see Alteryx Documentation.