Resizing a cluster refers to changing the compute power and RAM to optimize concurrency. When you resize a cluster, the amount of VCPUs and RAM allocated to it is adjusted based on the new cluster size you specified. For more information and use cases, see Database Scalability. This page describes how to resize a cluster in the web console.
- In the web console, click Databases.
- Click to view all the clusters for the database.
- Click on the cluster you want to resize and then click Resize.
- In the Resize cluster screen, select the required cluster size from the dropdown list.
- Click Resize cluster to resize the cluster.
Resizing the cluster will automatically restart that cluster. If the cluster you are resizing is the MAIN cluster, then the database and all clusters will be restarted and unavailable during the scaling operation.