Use this statement to create a connection.
- You need to have the system privilege CREATE CONNECTION.
- If the OR REPLACE option has been specified and the connection already exists, the rights for DROP CONNECTION are also needed.
- You can use external connections within the IMPORT and EXPORT statements. Users must have the corresponding access rights to the connection (through GRANT). The connection, including the ADMIN OPTION, is automatically granted to the creator.
- Connections can control the read access for users who want to use scripts for processing data from local buckets stored in BucketFS.
- You can define an Exasol connection, a native connection to an Oracle database, a JDBC connection to any database, or a connection to a file server. The JDBC drivers can be addressed within the connection string (for example, jdbc:mysql, jdbc:postgres).
- The declaration of username and password is optional and can be specified within the IMPORT and EXPORT statements.
- Invalid connection data will not be noticed before the usage within the IMPORT and EXPORT statements.
- Information about database connections can be found in the corresponding system tables, for example EXA_ALL_CONNECTIONS.
- You can rename a connection by using the RENAME command.
Connection names follow the same naming rules as SQL identifiers, but connection names are not case sensitive. This means that the connection names "Test", "TEST", and test are synonymous. For more information, refer to SQL Identifier.
CREATE CONNECTION ora_connection TO '(DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.6.54)(PORT = 1521))
(CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED)(SERVICE_NAME = orcl)))';
CREATE CONNECTION jdbc_connection_1
CREATE CONNECTION jdbc_connection_2
CREATE CONNECTION S3_MY_BUCKETNAME
IDENTIFIED BY '<secret-key>';
An AWS bucket URL using the legacy global endpoint format (<bucketname>.s3.amazonaws.com) may need up to 24 hours after bucket creation before it becomes available. A fully qualified Amazon S3 URL that includes the AWS region (<bucketname>.s3-<region>.amazonaws.com) will work immediately.