Use this statement to execute a script.
System privilege EXECUTE ANY SCRIPT, object privilege EXECUTE on the script, or the current user owns the script.
- A script can be created and dropped by using the statements CREATE SCRIPT and DROP SCRIPT. For information about the script language, see Scripting.
- Content and parameters of a script are integrated in the corresponding system tables (for example, EXA_ALL_SCRIPTS). For more information, see Metadata System Tables.
- The return value of a script can be a table or a rowcount. It is specified as option in the CREATE SCRIPT statement (For more information, see the Return value of a script in Scripting).
- When specifying the option WITH OUTPUT, the return value of the script is ignored. In this case always a result table is returned. The table contains all debug messages that are created through the function output() during the script execution (For more information, see Debug Output in Scripting).
- Contrary to views, a script is executed with the privileges of the executing user and not with the privileges of the script owner.