This section explains how you can connect Talend Data Integration to Exasol.
Following environment is used as an example:
- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Windows Operating System
- You must have Java Runtime Environment already installed on your operating system.
- A project should be available in Talend Data Integration.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the client or server where the tool is running must be listed in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
Before you can proceed with connecting to your database from a tool, download the latest Exasol JDBC driver and get the connection details. Follow these steps to get your connection details:
- Click Databases in the web console to open the Databases page.
- Click on the cluster you want to connect to and then click Connect via tools.
- In the Connect to cluster wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server which will connect to the database and click Add IP. Then click Next. If the IP address was already added, just click Next.
- If not already installed, download the latest JDBC driver for your operating system and install it.
- Click Next and proceed through the wizard until you see your connection details:
- Copy the HOST, PORT, USERNAME, and PASSWORD. You can generate a new Personal Access Token by clicking Generate. You will need this information to connect to your database.
Connect to Exasol
Do the following to connect Talend Data Integration to Exasol:
- Create a new project in Talend Data Integration.
- In the Repository panel, right-click Db Connection under Metadata and select Create connection.
- Enter the database connection details (name, Purpose, and description) and click Next.
- Do the following to add the connection credentials:
- Select Exasol from the DB Type drop-down.
- Enter user name, password, database IP address, and port (default 8563) to access the Exasol database.
- Enter the value for Database field which is the schema in the Exasol database.
- Click Test connection button to test the connectivity with Exasol database.
- Click Download and install all modules available when the wizard prompts to install Exasol driver.
If you want to install only the Exasol JDBC driver, select exajdbc-<version> and click Download and Install.
- Review the license agreement, accept the terms, and click Finish.
- On a successful connection, click OK on the message and continue.
If the connection fails, check the connection details provided in step 4.
The new connection appears under Db connections drop-down menu.
Do the following to retrieve a schema in Talend Data Integration:
- Right-click Exasol under Metadata > DB Connections.
- In Schema dialog, select required filter and click Next.
- In Schema dialog, select schema table(s) and click Next.
- Modify the selected schema table(s) if required.
- Click Finish.
The retrieved schema appears in Metadata > DB Connections> Exasol.
After connecting Talend Data Integration to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about Talend Data Integration, see Talend Documentation.