This section explains how to connect Talend Data Integration to an Exasol database.
For more information about Talend Data Integration, see Talend Documentation.
The following procedure uses Talend Open Studio for Data Integration on Windows.
- A running Exasol SaaS database. For more information, see Manage Databases and Clusters.
- The IP address of the host where the tool is running must be in the allowed IP address list. For more information, see Network Security.
- Exasol JDBC driver is installed
- Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is installed
- A project is available in Talend Data Integration
To connect to your Exasol SaaS database from this tool you need a valid connection string. You must also allow network access to the database from the tool, and make sure that the latest Exasol JDBC driver is installed.
On the Databases page in the web console, click on Connect via tools on the cluster that you want to connect to.
In the wizard, enter the IP address of the client or server that will connect to the database and click Add IP, then click Next. This will add the IP address to the list of IP addresses that are allowed network access to the cluster. The allow list is found on the Security page in the web console. For more information, see Network Security.
If the IP address is already present in the allow list, just click Next.
If the latest JDBC driver for your operating system is not already installed, select the driver type and operating system and click on Download to download the latest driver to your local system. For more information about how to install the driver, see JDBC Driver.
Click on Next to view your connection details:
Copy the Connection string, Port, and User name values from the Connect details dialog. You will need to enter this information in your client to connect to your database.
To generate a new Personal Access Token (PAT) to use for authentication in the client, click on the Password row, then click on Copy to copy the PAT to your clipboard. For more information, see Personal Access Token.
The generated PAT is only shown once and cannot be retrieved after you have closed the wizard.
Click on Done to close the wizard.
Connect Talend to Exasol
Connect to Exasol
Do the following to connect Talend Data Integration to Exasol:
- Create a new project in Talend Data Integration.
- In the Repository panel, right-click Db Connection under Metadata and select Create connection.
- Enter the database connection details (name, Purpose, and description) and click Next.
- Do the following to add the connection credentials:
- Select Exasol from the DB Type drop-down.
- Enter user name, password
(personal access token), database IP address, and port (default 8563) to access the Exasol database.
- Enter the value for Database field which is the schema in the Exasol database.
- Click Test connection button to test the connectivity with Exasol database.
- Click Download and install all modules available when the wizard prompts to install Exasol driver.
If you want to install only the Exasol JDBC driver, select exajdbc-<version> and click Download and Install.
- Review the license agreement, accept the terms, and click Finish.
- On a successful connection, click OK on the message and continue.
If the connection fails, check the connection details provided in step 4.
The new connection appears under Db connections drop-down menu.
Do the following to retrieve a schema in Talend Data Integration:
- Right-click Exasol under Metadata > DB Connections.
- In Schema dialog, select required filter and click Next.
- In Schema dialog, select schema table(s) and click Next.
- Modify the selected schema table(s) if required.
- Click Finish.
The retrieved schema appears in Metadata > DB Connections> Exasol.