CPU and Firmware
- 64-bit x86 platforms with SSSE3 featured Intel or AMD CPUs (1 to 4 sockets)
- BIOS/UEFI configured for maximum performance (recommended)
- Two or more dedicated Ethernet network interface cards are required per host, since each node is connected to two distinct network types:
- Private network, used for cluster-internal communication
- Public network, used for client-access connections
- The hosts must be assigned subsequent static IPv4 addresses in the same private network subnet.
- DHCP can be used if the hosts always receive the same IP address.
- 10G, 25G, 50G, and 100G network interfaces are supported.
- At least 4 storage drives with minimum 250 MBps read/write capacity per drive
- All OS and storage disks should have RAID 1 (or similar fault tolerance)
- RAID 1 disks must be passed directly to storage – nested RAID levels such as RAID 10 are not supported
- OS disks must have at least 150 GiB free disk space after installation
- Swap partition (use size recommended by OS vendor)
Supported storage types/technologies
- Sparse file devices hosted on a filesystem like ext4 or XFS (NFS is not supported)
- Block devices (local storage SAS, SSD, NVMe, virtual disks, or remote storage iSCSI/SAN)