By default, the IMPORT and EXPORT commands download or upload data blocks of 10 MB in parallel using two threads. The maximum file size that you can import is approximately 500GB. This is because Azure Blob Storage allows a maximum of 50,000 blocks in a single Blob. If you want to change the default settings, you can change the following parameters:
- etlAzureBlockSize: Minimum size (in bytes) of Azure Blob upload blocks for IMPORT/EXPORTs. The default value is 10 MB.
- etlAzureMaxThreads: Maximum number of threads to use for Azure Blob IMPORT/EXPORTs. The default value is 2.
You can modify the above parameters by specifying the parameters in Extra DB Parameters field for your database.
Before you modify these parameters, send a support request. To send a support request, click Help and then click Support.
Exasol recommends that you create a connection string using the values of the parameters from the Microsoft Azure Portal. The details are available in Storage Account > Access Keys > Settings. For more information, see View account access keys.
The following parameters should be used in the IMPORT statement:
- AccountName: Your Azure Blob Storage account name is used in the USER field.
- AccountKey: Your Azure Blob Storage account key is used in the IDENTIFIED BY field.
For security reasons, make sure that you add your AccountKey only in the IDENTIFIED BY field.
- All other parameters are used in AT field.
CREATE CONNECTION MY_BLOBSTORAGE
IDENTIFIED BY '<AccountKey>';
Run the following statement to import data from Azure Blob Storage.
Run the following statement to export data to Azure Blob Storage.