Loading Data from Teradata
This section describes how to connect Teradata with Exasol and then load data. To view details about data type mappings or to migrate data, see theTeradata to Exasol migration script in ourGitHub repository.
You can download the JDBC driver for Teradata(for example, terajdbc4.jar) from the Teradata Downloads page. Make sure you download the correct version of the JDBC driver matching the version of the Teradata database.
Configure the Driver in EXAoperation
Do the following to configure the driver in EXAoperation:
- Log in to EXAoperation user interface as an Administrator user.
- Select Configuration > Software and click the JDBC Drivers tab.
- Click Add to add the JDBC driver details.
- Enter the following details for the JDBC properties:
- Driver Name: Teradata
- Main Class: com.teradata.jdbc.TeraDriver
- Prefix: jdbc:teradata:
- Disable Security Manager: Leave this option unchecked.
- Comment: This is an optional field.
- Click Add to save the settings.
- Select the radio button next to the driver from list of JDBC driver.
- Click Choose File to locate the downloaded driver and click Upload to upload the JDBC driver.
Run the following statement to create a connection.
CREATE OR REPLACE CONNECTION TERADATA_DB
USER 'dbc' IDENTIFIED BY 'dbc';
Run the following statement to test the connection.
IMPORT FROM JDBC AT TERADATA_DB
STATEMENT 'SELECT ''Connection to Teradata works''';
You can use the IMPORT statement to load data using the connection you created above. IMPORT supports loading data from a table or a SQL statement.