Loading Data using Generic JDBC
This section provides you with instructions on how to connect to a database and import data using the JDBC driver. If you need further assistance, contact support.
- JDBC driver downloaded and installed
- Exasol database running
Add JDBC Driver
Do the following to add a JDBC driver:
- Log in to EXAoperation user interface as an Administrator user.
- Select Configuration > Software and click the JDBC Drivers tab.
- Click Add to add the JDBC driver details.
- Enter the following details for the JDBC properties:
- Driver Name: <driver name>
- Main Class: <driverclass>
- Prefix: <driver prefix>
- Disable Security Manager: This is an optional field. This allows the JDBC Driver to access certificate and additional information.
- Comment: This is an optional field.
- Click Add to save the settings.
- Select the radio button next to the driver from list of JDBC driver.
- Click Choose File to locate the downloaded driver and click Upload to upload the JDBC driver.
Run the following statement to create a connection.
CREATE OR REPLACE CONNECTION JDBC_CON1
TO '<JDBC connection string>'
IDENTIFIED BY 'exasol123';
Run the following statement to test the connection.
You can use the IMPORT statement to load data using the connection you created above. IMPORT supports loading data from a table or a SQL statement.