You can also create and configure any number buckets within a BucketFS Service. Follow these steps to create new buckets within a BucketFS Service.
- In EXAoperation, go to Services > EXABuckets.
- Click the BucketFS Service link where you would to create buckets. The EXABucketFS Service Buckets screen is displayed.
- Click Add to add new buckets.
- In the Add EXABucketFS Bucket screen, enter the following details:
- Name: Enter a name for the bucket.
- Public readable: Select this checkbox if you like this bucket to be public accessible.
- Read password: Enter the password to read this bucket.
- Write password: Enter the password to write to this bucket.
- Description: Enter a description for this bucket.
- Click Add. The new add bucket is listed in the EXABucketFS Service Buckets screen.
The EXABucketFS Service Buckets screen provides you with an overview of all the buckets with the following information:
|ID||Displays the ID of the bucket.|
|Name||Displays the name of the bucket.|
|Public||Displays True if this bucket is public read. Else False is displayed.|
|UDF path||Displays the UDF path for the bucket. You need to use this path in order to access the data within the bucket via UDFs.|
|Size||Displays the overall size of the bucket.|
|Description||Displays the description added for the bucket.|
Other Operations on Bucket
Some of the other operations you can perform on a bucket include
You can edit a bucket by select the desired bucket and clicking the Edit option in the EXABucketFS Service Buckets screen. The following Edit BucketFS Bucket screen is displayed.
Once you have made the changes to the bucket, click Apply to save the changes. Click Cancel to discard the changes.
You can edit a bucket by clicking the Delete option in the EXABucketFS Service Buckets screen. When you click the Delete option, you will be promoted to confirm the delete option.
The Grant option in the EXABucketFS Service Buckets screen allows you to change/grant the logged in user with a different role.
Select the desired role you would like to assign to the user and click Apply to save the changes. Click Cancel to discard the changes.
Once you have the BucketFS service and new buckets within this service created, view the Access Control section to know how to access the buckets.