ODBC Driver for Windows
Exasol ODBC driver is available for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows operating system.
- You should have system administrator rights for the system where you are installing the driver.
- Microsoft .NET Framework
4.6.2™ should be installed on the system.
- All applications and services that integrate the ODBC must be stopped during installation.
- If "Business Objects XI" is installed on the system, the "Web Intelligence Report Server" service must be stopped.
The ODBC driver is tested on the following operating systems:
Windows Server 2019
Windows Server 2016
Windows Server 2012 R2
Download and Install the ODBC Driver
Download the driver for your Exasol version and operating system from the Exasol Download Portal.
Exasol currently does not provide specific drivers for Exasol 8. The latest drivers for Exasol 7.1.x are fully compatible with Exasol 8.
- Run the executable file and follow the setup wizard to complete the installation.
In case of an update, existing ODBC data sources are automatically configured for the new driver.
Each driver package includes the latest version of the license for the driver. The license allows you to bundle the driver with third-party software, for example when creating plugins for a BI tool. For more details, refer to the license file which is located in the folder where the driver was installed.
Do the following to configure the driver and the data sources:
- Open the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool.
- Click Add in the User DSN or System DSN tabs.
- Select EXASolution Driver in the Create New Data Source dialog and click Finish.
- Select Connection tab in the EXASolution ODBC configuration dialog.
- Enter the following details:
- Datasource name: Name of the new ODBC data source
- Connection string: List of host names or IP addresses and the port of the Exasol cluster (for example, 192.168.6.11..14:8563).
The system must be capable of resolving the host names. If it is not possible, contact your network administrator.
- Encryption: Enables or disables the automatic encryption.
- Username: Name of the default user for this connection.
- Password: Password of the default user.
- Default schema: The name of the schema that is automatically opened when the connection is established. If this schema is not available during the attempt at establishing the connection, an error message is displayed and the connection with Exasol fails.
- Test connection: You can use this to test whether the connection data has been entered correctly. This initiates a connection with Exasol.
- (Optional) Click Advanced tab and define the following options and click OK:
- SQL Prepare always successful
- Log file
- Log mode
- Character locale (LC_CTYPE)
- Numeric locale (LC_NUMERIC)
- Query timeout
- Show only current schema
- Additional connection string parameters
The new connection appears in the list of Windows data sources.
The Connection Pooling of the driver manager is deactivated by default, you can activate it in the configuration tool "ODBC Data Source Administrator". In that case reused connections keep their session settings which were set through SQL commands (for more information, see ALTER SESSION).