This section describes how to connect Datavault Builder to Exasol.
Datavault Builder enterprise edition is used as an example.
- Exasol should be installed and available for connection through a network.
- JDBC Driver should be installed. You can download the JDBC Driver from the Exasol Downloads page. For more information about JDBC Driver, see JDBC Driver.
- Datavault Builder should be installed and the following details should be configured in the docker-compose.yml file during installation.
- Open Datavault Builder in your browser and click New Source button.
- Add the following details in the BASE tab of the Add source dialog:
- Source System Name: Enter Exasol as source system name. This is a mandatory field.
- Source System ID: Enter an ID for the source system. This is a mandatory field.
- Comment: This is an optional field.
- On the CONNECTION tab, select Exasol Server in the Source Type drop-down and provide the following details:
- Host Name: Hostname or IP address of Exasol database.
- Port: Port of the Exasol database.
- JDBC Connection String: Connection string with required details of the Exasol database.
Click TEST CONNECTION if you want to test the connection to the Exasol database.
- On the CONNECTION tab, review all the details that you provided in the earlier steps and click ADD SOURCE.
Exasol is connected to Datavault Builder.
For more information about Datavault Builder, see Datavault Builder Official Documentation (external link).