This section explains how you can connect Talend Data Integration to Exasol.
Following environment is used as an example:
- Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
- Windows Operating System
- An Exasol database must be up and running and online.
- The latest Exasol JDBC driver must be installed.
- You must have Java Runtime Environment already installed on your operating system.
- A project should be available in Talend Data Integration.
Connect to Exasol
Do the following to connect Talend Data Integration to Exasol:
- Create a new project in Talend Data Integration.
- In the Repository panel, right-click Db Connection under Metadata and select Create connection.
- Enter the database connection details (name, Purpose, and description) and click Next.
- Do the following to add the connection credentials:
- Select Exasol from the DB Type drop-down.
- Enter user name, password, database IP address, and port (default 8563) to access the Exasol database.
- Enter the value for Database field which is the schema in the Exasol database.
- Click Test connection button to test the connectivity with Exasol database.
- Click Download and install all modules available when the wizard prompts to install Exasol driver.
If you want to install only the Exasol JDBC driver, select exajdbc-<version> and click Download and Install.
- Review the license agreement, accept the terms, and click Finish.
- On a successful connection, click OK on the message and continue.
If the connection fails, check the connection details provided in step 4.
The new connection appears under Db connections drop-down menu.
Do the following to retrieve a schema in Talend Data Integration:
- Right-click Exasol under Metadata > DB Connections.
- In Schema dialog, select required filter and click Next.
- In Schema dialog, select schema table(s) and click Next.
- Modify the selected schema table(s) if required.
- Click Finish.
The retrieved schema appears in Metadata > DB Connections> Exasol.
After connecting Talend Data Integration to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about Talend Data Integration, see Talend Documentation.