This section describes the general hardware and operating system requirements when installing Exasol.
CPU and Firmware
- 64-bit x86 platforms with SSSE3 featured Intel or AMD CPUs (1 to 4 sockets)
- BIOS/UEFI configured for maximum performance (recommended)
- 10G, 25G, 50G, and 100G network interfaces are supported.
- The database hosts must be assigned subsequent static IPv4 addresses in the same subnet.
- DHCP can be used if the hosts always receive the same IP address.
- At least 4 storage drives with minimum 250 MBps read/write capacity per drive
- All OS and storage disks should have RAID 1 (or similar fault tolerance)
- RAID 1 disks must be passed directly to storage – nested RAID levels such as RAID 10 are not supported
- OS disks must have at least 150 GiB free disk space after installation
- Swap partition (use size recommended by OS vendor)
Supported storage types/technologies
- Sparse file devices hosted on a filesystem like ext4 or XFS (NFS is not supported)
- Block devices (local storage SAS, SSD, NVMe, virtual disks, or remote storage iSCSI/SAN)
Operating System Requirements
Recommended Linux distributions
- Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
- Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 9
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8
Operating System Prerequisites
- Disable SELinux (if installed)
- Disable firewalls (ufw, firewalld)
- Disable antivirus scanners
- Configure NTP so that time is synced between all nodes
- On RHEL, install and enable the iptables service