Roles define level of access users have and what they are able to do with the Exasol cluster. The following are the possible roles you can assign to a user:
|Role||Access Level Description|
|Master||Has all possible rights and permissions.|
|Administrator||Can manage the cluster, but cannot change the license, change the password for disk encryption, or assign the master role to a user.|
|Supervisor||Is able to view the cluster configuration, but is not able to make any changes to the system.|
|User||Can only view the basic state of nodes and databases.|
You can follow the below steps on how to assign or change a user role:
- Log into EXAoperation.
- Select Configuration >Access Management.
- Click the Roles tab.
- In the Role column, select the role for the user.
- Click Apply to save your changes.
Do the following to edit a user role using XML-RPC:
- Run the following commands to import the XML-RPC packages:
- Run the following command to create a connection with your Exasol cluster:
- Run the following command to edit the user role.
server.grantRole('<object_name>', '<user ID>', '<new role name')
You can run the following commands to check object name and user ID for the above command.
server = ServerProxy ('https://user:password@<IP_Address>/cluster1', context=ssl._create_unverified_context (), allow_none = True)