Database Users and Roles
You can use the Access Control Using SQL (DCL) to control the security of the database and the access to it. You can manage the users and roles to specify who is allowed to perform actions in the database.
The following SQL statements are the components of the DCL:
- CREATE USER: Creates a user.
- ALTER USER: Changes the password of a user.
- DROP USER: Deletes a user.
- CREATE ROLE: Creates a role.
- DROP ROLE: Deletes a role.
- GRANT: Gives roles, system privileges, and object privileges to users or roles.
- REVOKE: Withdraws roles, system privileges, and object privileges from users or roles.
- ALTER SCHEMA: Changes the owner of a schema (and all its schema objects) or sets schema quotas.