This section describes how to connect MySQL with Exasol and then load data. To view details about data type mappings or to migrate data, see the MySQL to Exasol migration script in our GitHub repository.
Download the JDBC driver for MySQL from the MySQL Connectors page. In the Select Operating System dropdown menu, select Platform Independent.
Do the following to configure the driver in EXAoperation:
- Log in to EXAoperation user interface as an Administrator user.
- Select Configuration > Software and click the JDBC Drivers tab.
- Click Add to add the JDBC driver details.
- Enter the following details for the JDBC properties:
- Driver Name: MySQL
- Main Class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- Prefix: jdbc:mysql:
- Disable Security Manager: Check the box to disable the security manager. This allows the JDBC Driver to access certificate and additional information.
- Comment: This is an optional field.
- Click Add to save the settings.
- Select the radio button next to the driver from list of JDBC driver.
- Click Choose File to locate the downloaded driver and click Upload to upload the JDBC driver.
Run the following statement to create a connection.
The connection string and authentication details in the example must be replaced with your own values. The MySQL user must have enough privileges to create a connection.
CREATE OR REPLACE CONNECTION JDBC_MYSQL
IDENTIFIED BY 'my_password';
Run the following statement to test the connection.