Advanced Query Tool
This section describes how to connect Advanced Query Tool (AQT) to Exasol and run an SQL statement.
The following environment is used as an example:
- AQT evaluation version
- Windows Operating System
- Exasol should be installed and running on your system.
- ODBC Driver should be installed. You can download the ODBC Driver from the Exasol Downloads portal. For more information about ODBC Driver, see ODBC Driver.
- AQT client should be installed and running on your system.
- Launch AQT.
- Click Add new Datasource in the Other Tasks on the home page and select EXASolution Driver.
- Set up the ODBC connection by providing the following details and click Test Connection:
- Data source name: Exasol
- Connection string: IP address of Exasol
- User name and password: Username and password to login to Exasol. If it is a new installation, username is sys and the password is exasol.
- After a successful test connection, the Datasource is added and shown in the Connect to a Database section.
Enter Userid and Password to connect to Exasol.
- After a successful connection, the database details are displayed in the left tree as shown below.
- Click SQL in the toolbar to run an SQL statement. A blank window pops up.
- Enter your SQL statement and click Run. The result of the statement is shown below.
After connecting AQT to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about AQT tool, see AQT Official Documentation.