Pentaho Data Integration (PDI) delivers powerful Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) capabilities using an innovative, metadata-driven approach. With an intuitive, graphical, drag and drop design environment, and a proven, scalable, standards-based architecture, Pentaho Data Integration is increasingly the choice for organizations over traditional, proprietary ETL or data integration tools.
This section describes how to connect Pentaho Data Integration to Exasol.
Following environment is used as an example:
- Pentaho Data Integration
- Windows Operating System
- Exasol database running and reachable through a public network.
- Pentaho Server must be online and accessible through a browser.
- JDBC Driver should be installed. You can download the JDBC Driver from the Exasol Downloads page. For more information about JDBC Driver, see JDBC Driver.
- Copy and paste the Exasol JDBC driver to the Pentaho Data Integration library. The default directory is C:\Program Files (x86)\Pentaho\design-tools\data-integration\lib
Ensure that the Pentaho application is not running when you copy/paste the JDBC driver.
- Launch Pentaho and click Transformations > Database connections.
Database Connection dialog is displayed.
- Do the following in the Database Connection dialog and click OK:
- Enter a name for the connection in Connection name.
- Select Exasol 4 in Connection Type.
- Select Native (JDBC) in Access
- Provide the connection details in Settings.
Pentaho Data Integration is connected to Exasol.
After connecting Pentaho Data Integration to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about Pentaho Data Integration, see Pentaho Data Integration Documentation.