In Exasol, backups can be stored online in an archive volume (local archive volume) or on a remote archive volume. If you did not create the remote archive volume during the installation, you could create it from EXAoperation later. This section provides you with information on how to create a remote archive volume.
You need the following to configure the remote backup in EXAoperation:
- All nodes must be able to reach the remote target.
- If DNS names will be used, ensure the cluster has DNS servers configured.
- The user needs to have at least read-write access to the remote server
- You should have the URL of the archive volume as mentioned in the Remote Archive Volume Options.
You can use the following volume options (depending on the protocol):
- cleanvolume: Deletes remote backups on expiry.
- noverifypeer: Doesn’t check server certificate.
- nocompression: Writes plain data.
- forcessl: Uses STARTTLS in FTP connection.
- webdav: Uses WebDAV for http-URL
- webhdfs: For WebHDFS URLs
- s3: For remote archive volumes on Amazon S3.
- timeout=seconds: Allows higher client/ server response time.
Configure Remote Archive Volume in EXAoperation
Do the following to configure the remote archive volume:
- Log in into EXAoperation.
- Go to Services > EXAStorage, click Add Remote Volume.
- Enter the following details:
- Archive URL: Use the URL
of the remote archive destination. Refer to the Remote Archive Volume Options section to know the supported protocols and the sample URL.
Enter the name of the user.
Enter the password for the user.
- Allowed Users: Select the EXAoperation users that can use the remote archive volume.
- Read-only Users: Select the EXAoperation users that can read from the remote archive volume.
Any user that you add as Read-only User, is limited to read-only access even if it's added to the Allowed Users list. If you have only one user that's added into list of allowed user, make sure you don't add the user in the list of Read-only Users.
- Labels: Add label to the remote archive volume for an easy identification.
- Options:You can use one of the options mentioned in section Remote Archive Volume Options. For example, cleanvolume option to clean expired backups.
- Archive URL: Use the URL
- Click Add.
Other Remote Archive Volume Options
Exasol provides the following options to back up your data:
|Protocol||Archive URL Example|
To know how to use an S3 bucket for backup, see Create Remote Archive Volume with Amazon S3 .
|Azure Blob Storage||http://storage_container_name.blob.corewindows.net/container_name
To know how to use Azure Blob Storage for backup, see Create Remote Archive Volume with Azure Blob Storage.
|Google Cloud Storage||
To know how to use Google Cloud Storage for backup, see Create Remote Archive Volume with Google Cloud Storage .