Exasol provides a default BucketFS service preinstalled for the configured data disk. This default BucketFS service includes a default bucket which contains preinstalled script languages: Java, Python, and R. You can create and configure any number of buckets within this BucketFS service. Creating a new BucketFS service is a good approach when you want to make files available on different ports or you store larger files.
To create a new BucketFS service follow these steps:
- In EXAoperation, go to Services > EXABuckets. The EXABucketFS Services screen is displayed.
- Click Add to add a new BucketFS service.
- The Add EXABucketFS Service screen is displayed. Enter the following details:
- Data Disk: Select the data disk where you would like to store data of the bucket.
- HTTP Port: The HTTP port number.
- HTTPS Port: The HTTPS port number.
- Description: Enter a description for the bucket.
- Click Add to add the BucketFS service.
The following table provides you with the description for each of the fields in the EXABucketFS Services screen:
|ID||Displays the ID of the bucket.|
|Disk||Displays the disk on which this bucket is located.|
Displays the port number, if configured.
The default port for BucketFS service is 2580.
|HTTPS||Displays the port number, if configured.|
|Size per node||Displays the overall size of the bucket across all nodes.|
|Description||Displays the description added for the bucket.|
You can view the created BucketFS service listed in the EXABucketFS Services screen. Some of the other operations you can perform on a BucketFS include editing it by selecting the radio button next to the BucketFS and then clicking the Edit button or delete a BucketFS by clicking the Delete button.
Now that you have a BucketFS service created, you can start creating new buckets to store files or data within this BucketFS service. For more information, refer to the Create New Buckets in BucketFS Service section.