Exasol provides a default BucketFS service preinstalled for the configured data disk. This default BucketFS service includes a default bucket which contains preinstalled script languages: Java, Python, and R. You can create and configure any number of buckets within this BucketFS service. Creating a new BucketFS service is a good approach when you want to make files available on different ports or you store larger files.
To create a new BucketFS service follow these steps:
- In EXAoperation, go to Services > EXABuckets. The EXABucketFS Services screen is displayed.
- Click Add to add a new BucketFS service.
- The Add EXABucketFS Service screen is displayed. Enter the following details:
- Data Disk: Select the data disk where you would like to store data of the bucket.
- HTTP Port: The HTTP port number.
- HTTPS Port: The HTTPS port number.
- Description: Enter a description for the bucket.
- Click Add to add the BucketFS service.
The following table provides you with the description for each of the fields in the EXABucketFS Services screen:
|ID||Displays the ID of the bucket.|
|Disk||Displays the disk on which this bucket is located.|
Displays the port number, if configured.
The default port for BucketFS service is 2580.
|HTTPS||Displays the port number, if configured.|
|Size per node||Displays the overall size of the bucket across all nodes.|
|Description||Displays the description added for the bucket.|
You can view the created BucketFS service listed in the EXABucketFS Services screen. Some of the other operations you can perform on a BucketFS include editing it by selecting the radio button next to the BucketFS and then clicking the Edit button or delete a BucketFS by clicking the Delete button.