Change User Roles
This section explains how you can change user roles from the EXAoperation user interface or using XML-RPC.
Change a User's Role
EXAoperation has the following user roles:
- Master: Has all possible rights and permissions
- Administrator: Can manage the cluster, but cannot change the license, change the password for disk encryption, or assign the master role to a user.
- Supervisor: Is able to view the cluster configuration, but is not able to make any changes to the system.
- User: Can only view the basic state of nodes and databases.
Do the following to change a user's role:
- In EXAoperation, select Configuration > Access Management.
- In the Roles tab, select a user role from the drop-down Role for a user.
- Click Apply.
Do the following to edit a user role using XML-RPC:
- Run the following commands to import the XML-RPC packages:
- Run the following command to create a connection with your Exasol cluster:
- Run the following command to edit the user role.
server.grantRole('<object_name>', '<user ID>', '<new role name')
You can run the following commands to check object name and user ID for the above command.
server = ServerProxy ('https://user:password@<IP_Address>/cluster1', context=ssl._create_unverified_context (), allow_none = True)