This section describes how to connect DataGrip to Exasol and run an SQL statement. DataGrip comes with a built-in Exasol driver.
Following environment is used as an example:
- Trial version of DataGrip
- Windows Operating System
- Exasol should be installed and running on your system.
- DataGrip should be installed and running on your system.
- Network connection where Exasol database and the host with DataGrip are connected to.
- Launch DataGrip and do one of the following to create Exasol as a data source:
- Select File > New > Data Source > Exasol.
- Click icon in the Database tool window and select Data Source > Exasol.
- Enter the following details on Data Source and Drivers dialog:
- Name for the datasource
- URL with jdbc:exa: prefix
If a driver is missing, you can download it by clicking the Download link at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click Test Connection to check the connection and then click OK to finish.
After adding Exasol as a datasource, if all the objects of the database are not visible, click icon in toolbar or right-click the Exasol datasource and select Synchronize.
- Enter an SQL statement in the database console. The result is displayed in the same window.
If the console is not visible, right-click the Exasol datasource and select Open Console or click icon and select New Console.
After connecting DataGrip to Exasol, you can start loading data into the Exasol database. For more information, see Loading Data.
For more information about DataGrip , see DataGrip Official Documentation.