Exasol Google Cloud Platform
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) provides a suite of infrastructure services that enable you to deploy Exasol in a highly available, scalable, and affordable way. This section provides you with step-by-step instructions for deploying Exasol on Google Cloud Platform.
Before You Begin
Read the following sections before you start setting up Exasol on Google Cloud Platform.
Exasol on GCP is available through the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace in two variants, depending on how you want to license it.
- Exasol Analytics Database PAYG: You simply pay for what you use. You are billed through the GCP Marketplace on an hourly basis.
- Exasol Analytics Database BYOL: You already have a valid Exasol license for the selected configuration or if you plan to purchase an Exasol license separately.
The Pay As You Go (PayG) version is the default version used in the deployment templates. If you are not sure which version to choose from, then it is recommended to go with the PayG version.
Exasol recommends the following cloud-specific configurations:
- Instance families: n1-standard-2 - n1-standard-96 and n1-highmem-2 - n1-highmem-64
- Storage: Exasol recommends using SSD persistent disk for data storage and Cloud Storage for data backup.
- Minimum main memory size: 16GB
We recommend setting up Exasol as a cluster. This offers the following advantages:
- Scalability: easily scale out a cluster by adding additional nodes to process more data and to serve more concurrent users.
- High availability: When a node fails the system automatically tries to repair this node or includes a standby node into the system (if a standby node was configured).
However, for small data sizes or evaluation purposes, a single-node system would be sufficient and more appropriate. Setting up a cluster using our templates is as easy as setting up a single node system.
Before you begin with deploying Exasol on GCP, we recommend you to familiarize yourself with the GCP concepts from the official Google documentation.
Step 1: Deploying Exasol
Option 1: Using the Cloud Deployment Wizard
Exasol recommends using the Cloud Deployment Wizard to install Exasol on GCP. To know how to install Exasol on GCP using the wizard, see Installation Using Cloud Deployment Manager Template.
To know more about the Cloud Deployment Wizard, watch the following video.
Option 2: Using the Cloud Deployment Manager Templates
If you don't want to use the configuration recommendations of the wizard, you can use the Cloud Deployment Manager templates to install Exasol. For detailed instructions, refer to Installation Using Cloud Deployment Manager Template.
Step 3: Connect Tools and Install Drivers
After installing Exasol on GCP, you can do the following:
- Install drivers required to connect to other tools.
- Connect SQL clients to Exasol.
- Connect Business Intelligence tools (BI tools) to Exasol.
- Connect Data Integration - ETL tool to Exasol.
- Connect Data Warehouse Automation tools to Exasol.
Step 4: Load Data
After you have connected your choice of tool to Exasol, you can load your data into Exasol and process further. To know more about loading data into Exasol, see Loading Data.
Step 5: Administration
Once you have all the configurations in place and started using Exasol, you may have to perform some administration task on your setup. To know more about the administrative activities that you can perform on your Exasol instance, see Administration on Google Cloud Platform.
Support, Troubleshooting & Software Updates
Exasol Analytic Database PAYG is Exasol 6.2.1. It comes with 24x7 incident management support. You need to register to enable the support for your account. After you register, you can get the following benefits:
- Access to Exasol Community
- Access to Exasol Ticketing System
- Access to Product Updates
- 24x7 Incident Management
Click the following button to register for support.
Terms and conditions:
- This support offering is only valid for Exasol instances launched using the Google Cloud Platform Marketplace offering
- The SLA starts only after the registration process is complete.
- The registration process may take some time to complete.
If you have any support request before your registration is complete, click the following button to send your support request.