You can run a backup of a database instance manually at any time. Follow the steps below to run a manual backup:
- In EXAoperation, go to Configuration > EXASolution and click the database instance you want to back up.
- In the database instance screen that is displayed, select Backup from the Actions drop down list and click Submit.
- The Create Database Backup screen is displayed.
- Set the following parameters for the manual backup:
- Full backup - the entire database is backed up.
- Incremental backup - only changes since the last back up are saved.
- Level 0 is a full backup
- Level 1 is an incremental backup to the full backup (only changes since the full backup are saved)
- Level 2 is an incremental backup to level 1 (only changes since the level 1 backup are saved)
- Level 3 is an incremental backup to level 2 (only changes since the level 2 backup are saved)
- And so on until level 9.
- Click Start Backup to begin the backup process. The backup will run in the background.
|Archive Volume||Select the volume where the database must be stored. Only archive volumes are available for selection.|
Set whether the backup is a full or incremental backup:
The backup levels work as follows:
|Expire||The period of time until the stored backup expires.|