This section describes how to connect MySQL with Exasol and then load data. To view the MySQL to Exasol migration script, refer to the GitHub repository.
You can download the JDBC driver for MySQL from the MySQL Connectors page.
Do the following to configure the driver in EXAoperation:
- Log in to EXAoperation user interface as an Administrator user.
- Select Configuration > Software and click the JDBC Drivers tab.
- Click Add to add the JDBC driver details.
- Enter the following details for the JDBC properties:
- Driver Name: MySQL
- Main Class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
- Prefix: jdbc:mysql:
- Disable Security Manager: Don't select this option.
- Comment: This is an optional field.
- Click Add to save the settings.
- Select the radio button next to the driver from list of JDBC driver.
- Click Choose File to locate the downloaded driver and click Upload to upload the JDBC driver.
Run the following statement to create a connection.
CREATE OR REPLACE CONNECTION JDBC_MYSQL
IDENTIFIED BY 'mysql';
Run the following statement to test the connection.